Thursday, July 2, 2009

One More Day

Today I received a packet in the mail about the new child I am sponsoring through World Vision. Her name is Regina, and she is seven years old. I chose her because she lives in Kenya. This way I will have a connection with Kenya, even after I've come home. I will be able to write her letters, and she can write back to me. My monthly donations will be pooled with others to improve the community she lives in. Maybe I can make a small difference in her life. If you'd like to learn more about sponsoring a child through World Vision, visit www.worldvision.org.

Tomorrow we catch a plane to Dallas. Then on Saturday morning we will begin our long journey, and we should arrive in Nairobi early Monday morning. I have packed my personal suitcase to the brim, even though we are only staying three weeks! But many of the clothes I will be wearing were donated, and I will be leaving them in Kenya when our trip comes to an end. I should have plenty of room for souvenirs. :)

I have packed a second suitcase full of clothing for the children in Kenya. I also have many more bags of clothing that were donated from my church family and my coworkers. At one point today, I felt like I was having a baby shower with all the clothes in my living room!

I am amazed at how much people want to help those in need. God has laid it in our hearts to love one another.

1 John 4:11
Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment